"At no point in history has it been this easy to destroy your entire life so quickly in such few words."
We live in a world of instant reward and instant destruction. Social media can take us under in seconds this includes our image, our words and Personal Brand. A recent article in Forbes said, "At no point in history has it been this easy to destroy your entire life so quickly in such few words." (Read rest of article here: Justine Sacco, Internet Justice, And The Dangers Of A Righteous Mob: http://t.co/Y0HENKEgwr)
Building your Personal Brand is more important than ever. Your image, words, actions, non-verbal behavior can be seen globally in seconds. Do you have a brand filter? Do you know what a brand filter is? Do you make decisions based upon how other's react or do you know who you are and make decisions based upon your core beliefs? Are you consistent? Does your image properly reflect to the world who you are? Does your image tell your story? Does your image say successful? Does your image say you have integrity or does it say unreliable and don't trust me? Does your image say hire me? Promote me? I'm valuable? I have something to offer?
Does your image say fire me? I don't care? This is just a job? I have lost interest in looking my best? Does your image inspire or squelch romance? Does your image tell the world you care? What does your image say? If you are unsure, please call us. This is one of the easiest things you can do to ensure you are being seen correctly by your co-workers, peers, family and friends. We are passionate about helping you to be the best you were created to be. 2014 can be your most successful and joyous year yet. Look forward with hope, and do something that will help you to establish your Personal Brand. Consistency is key when communicating whether in person or on the web, it is important to have an image and brand that is reliable. Style and fashion suggestions without BRAND direction are useless and a waste of money. Everyone has their own opinion of what is 'stylish' or 'fashionable.' At MODA, we understand branding and the value of a cohesive image that speaks for you before you have said one word. We are experts at creating an image that reflects words such as success, exciting, valuable, integrity and romantic.
Please feel free to forward this newsletter to your friends. They can sign up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to talk about your Personal Brand and image, please call or email for a complimentary consultation.
Brand and Image Seminar (February 2014): Scarlett Leadership Institute and MODA Image Consulting will be providing a one day seminar on Corporate, Professional and Personal Brand. This seminar is an essential aid to a leader's success in every field of business, providing the training needed to empower leaders and businesses to create, communicate and increase Brand value. Click here to read the press release for more information.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. Register today!
5 Fashion Mistakes that are Brand Killers (Men and Women)
Personal Brand is so much more than image, but fashion and image can be devastatingly harmful to your brand when done incorrectly. Here are a few quick tips!
Gentleman, here are a few visual mistakes that hurt your visual brand.
1. Suits that are too large.
Pay attention to sleeve width. Could you fit two arms into your sleeve?Time for a new suit or pay to have the excess fabric trimmed (If it is worth it).
2. Cuffs showing? THEY SHOULD BE. Jacket sleeves should end right at the hinge in your wrist and allow for a quarter to half inch of shirt sleeve to show. If they don't, you may look sloppy. Overly large jackets look amateurish.
3. Pant length and fit? Your pants should not gather at your feet. If in doubt, they should break once at the top of the front of your shoe and the back of the pant should touch the top of your heel. Check the length of the stride if it is too long, it can shorten the appearance of legs and throw off the balance of your body. Any extra material below the knees or around the thighs simply adds weight.
4. Shirt fit. I throw or give away many, many dress shirts with my individual clients. You don't need to have a super fitted shirt, but it must fit well. Always buy a fitted dress shirt, regardless of your size. There are many levels of slim, trim, fitted etcâ€¦try them all on to find one that works or just call us.
You need a new shirt if:
- You have any billowing around your waist. This doesn't hide anything only amplifies it.
- The shoulder seams should hug your shoulders. If the seam if hanging onto your arm, the shirt is too big.
- When in doubt of which collar to go with, choose the semi-spread. It works with every kind of suit, every kind of tie. A collar and lapel can really help to define your Brand to the waiting world, so it is worth checking them all outâ€¦Need help, call us!
5. Shoes. What do they tell us?
Do you pay attention to detail
Do you take pride in your appearance?
Do you take the time to polish them?
Do your dress shoes make you look like you have platypus feet?It really is time for an upgrade if you still have anything in a square-toe. Your shoes should create length, be streamlined and not add weight to your body. When in doubt, choose a dress shoe with a slimmer contour (This doesn't mean skinny) and a more rounded toe. Buy a cedar shoe tree worth every penny.
Ladies, it's your turn.
1. Pants. Too baggy? Too loose? Too short? Too long?
2. Haven't been professionally fitted for undergarments in over a year? Run to the store. You'll probably look as if you've lost 5-10 pounds when you're done.
3. Heavy shoesâ€¦What does this mean?
Thick, typically black, clunky, square or rounded toe, unstylish shoes that cover the entire foot and make you look like you are wearing a brick on your foot. Crocs are in this category. (They are for gardening if you must and toddlers only). There are stylish options out there for you; especially during the winterâ€¦cute boots and flats are everywhere. Don't add weight where you don't need itâ€¦elongate your legs!
4. Shirts. Before you leave the house in the morning; do the bend test.
- Too tight? Can you see a muffin top?
- Too loose? You are not hiding anything, just accentuating it. You need to show your curves, and you can do that in something that skims your body rather than grabbing it.
- Buttons pulling? Time for a different shirt.
- Too low? If you are showing too much cleavage, you need to invest in an undershirt or a new shirt.
- Excess fabric on the sleeve? Ask yourself if the shirt is worth being tailored.
- Hanging off of your shoulder just say no.
- You haven't worn it in a year? Let go of it.
5. Buying odds and ends.
Just because it is on sale, does not mean you should buy it. When shopping you must know what your wardrobe holes are and look for those. Does the new piece go with at least three things in your current wardrobe? Shop with a plan; or just call us.
Image | Brand | Fashion
Mila@modaimageconsulting.com | www.ModaImageConsulting.com
Direct: (615) 218.6831 | Office: (615) 567.6969
Consultations are always complimentary!