You are posting a comment about...
MODA | You will fail. You will be tested. How do you recover?
I hope you do not mind me getting a bit personal. Building a business is never easy, and I am passionate that Brand Is Everything for many reasons. Over the past decade, I have seen my clients succeed, companies grow and have helped hundreds of employees at companies across the nation to be the best version of themselves - in turn helping them to achieve their own goals but also growing the companies they serve.
Over the next few months I will be finishing up my first book about Personal Brand, Corporate Brand and Me. I am sharing experiences I have had and getting very personal. I can't wait to share it with you! In the meantime, here is a glimpse into one of the many branding topics I will be covering. I would love to hear from you!
You are going to fail. You are going to be tested.
You are going to have the rug pulled out from under you at some point.
How will you get back up? I have the answerâ€¦keep reading.
Strong brands are always differentiated. They stand out from the crowd and they are always associated with success even when failure or trials come. Strong brands are built over time, cared for, intentional, authentic and leave the right legacy. Your Personal Brand matters, must be managed and stay consistent when you are faced with a trial either you or someone else created that affected you.
A few questions for your Personal Brand:
- Do the right people know who you are?
- Who does the community say you are?
- Who do colleagues say you are?
- How do your children describe you?
- Who do your friends say you are?
- Most importantly, do you know who you are and do you represent a consistent, authentic message daily?
- If you fail, will the damage be unfixable? Will people assume you make mistakes all of the time or will your Personal Brand be so strong that they assume it must be a bad day or a one-time mistake?
You MUST know the answers. If you don't, failure is inevitable.
You are going to fail. You are going to make mistakes. You are going to let people down. You are going to face a trial. How do you get back up when any of those things happen? What do people think about you after these failures? Your Personal Brand will either hold you up, or be so weak that it allows others to condemn you.
I have failed numerous times. I have walked through a few incredible trials where my Personal Brand was tested and continues to be even though the trial has ended and even though I didn't create the trial. From this particular trial, I realized that my life's passion is to help others be the best they were created to be and to help companies to fortify their brands through their workforce and leadershipâ€¦Talk about turning lemons into lemonade. My greatest trial has become my greatest differentiator. Helping people and companies and employees at companies to be the best they were created to be is where my heart and my head are aligned. It is one of my core purposes in this life and my experience is unbeatable.
My Personal Brand was put to the test in ways I never thought it would be, and I am humbled to say that it not only withstood the fire but it continued to be built up (not down) during the fire. I speak from deep experience and passion when I teach, speak or coach anyone or any company about brand it is all you have when everything else is taken away from you. During my trial when the valley was the deepest, I could tell you exactly who I was, why I was created, where I was going, who my foundation was grounded in and I stood on my brand and my faith to pull me through.
Many factors either build your Personal Brand or destroy it - here are a few.
- Communication (verbal and written)
- LinkedIn profiles
- The way you walk (Can you see a humble walk? Can you visualize an arrogant walk?)
- The way in which you present information to your colleagues
- How you react in times of stress
- How you argue
- How you spend your time
- Your professional etiquette or lack thereof
- How you network
- How you speak to your teams
Many factors either build or destroy a Corporate Brand - a company must ask itself:
- What do you want people to think and feel when they hear your company name, see or hear your employees or experience your products?
- Do your employees have a brand filter that you have given them in order to be consistent in all interactions with one another and your clients?
- Can your executive team articulate your Brand in a cohesive manner that does not create confusion in communication?
- Does your customer base know your Brand, and better yet, does the public?
- Do you and/or your colleagues represent, reflect and complement the company Brand at every level and in every interaction?
- Social media, marketing, management and even office design should communicate your Brand! Is your Brand message consistent across all platforms?
When you are hit, the rug is pulled out from under you, you make a mistake either on purpose or on accidentâ€¦BRAND IS EVERYTHING. Be prepared, build your brand and take into consideration all of the factors above and so many more. People either believe you are who you say you are, or they don't. Simple mistakes in image or communication will sink you, allow you to lose an opportunity, lose money, lose respect and on and on. If you are not managing your brand, it is time to get started.
Your Personal Brand must be built and then be fortified. Let MODA help you to build your Personal, Corporate and Employee Brand. This is what we do. This is our passion.
Contact us today for more information on Personal Brand Coaching, Fashion/Image Consulting, Corporate Seminars, Workshops and Keynotes.
Email info@modaimageconsulting or call 615.656.4279 for more information on individual or corporate services.
We would love the opportunity to serve you and your company.
Image | Brand | Fashion
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.ModaImageandBrandConsulting.com
Office: (615) 656.4279
Consultations are always complimentary